Posted on July 23 2018
It’s picnic season!
And you know what the best part about a picnic is? You can bring your dog!
Bonding with your dog is just as important for your relationship as any other relationship you have, human or otherwise. Spending some one-on-one time with your fur babe should be one of your top priorities.
This doesn’t mean you can’t have a picnic party with lots of friends, because socializing is, of course, good for the both of you too! It feels good to be surrounded by human and furry canine friends!
Here are some tips to help you have the perfect picnic with your dog:
- Before the picnic, you should go for a nice walk through the park, on the beach, around the block, or where ever you are. It’s better to get out some of that energy first so you can enjoy a more relaxing picnic.
- Whether it’s a date with just you and your dog or a party with lots of friends, you should put away your phone. (Except for a couple pictures to capture the moment of course!) But you can’t really spend quality time with anyone or enjoy nature if you are staring at your phone the entire time.
- Once you find the perfect location, be sure to check the area for any trash or debris. You don’t want your fur babe getting into things he/she shouldn’t.
- Of course, keep an eye on the people food (especially with onions) and beverages (especially caffeine and alcohol). It wouldn't be a fun picnic if you're dog ends up hurt or sick.
What to bring:
- A picnic blanket
- A picnic basket or a cooler
- Dog bowls - one for water and one for food
- Lots of water
- A tether and stake so your fur babe can wander almost freely
- Dog toys
Dog safe foods:
- Apples (make sure there aren’t any seeds)
- Strawberries (small amount)
- Fresh Green Beans
- Watermelon (seedless)